Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where we stand!

I thought that I would give a little more details on our journey with our first IUI so far. We went Sunday morning for a ultrasound - so that they could check for cysts and make sure that everything looked "normal". GREAT NEWS - NO CYSTS!!! We were so excited to hear Cheryl tell us that! Especially since last month, in May, I had to go to Emergency Care for abdominal pain and they found another cyst that they were concerned with it's size. Looks like my body absorbed it on it's own this time!

Sunday was day 3 of my cycle - so they want the lining of your uterus to be 7mm or less. Mine was 3.8! So far so good ... They also checked for follicles. Ideally, they want each ovary to have 8 follicles. I had 7 on my left and 8 on my right! All in all - I had WONDERFUL news and everything looks perfect to start the process! Now we wait for next Monday (6/28) to go to measure eggs and see where we stand. We are hoping that my lining has thickened and the eggs measure perfect! We know that God is in control and all things are possible through HIM and HIM alone!

Medicine really hasn't had any side effects so far. I am on day three of Femara and really haven't felt too different. I am thankful for that - and I'm sure Daniel is, too! :)

I just got back from a morning run. It was really relieving - even though it was already 100 degress outside. Gotta love the SC weather! While I was running - my inspiration song came on. This song has seen me through my battle with infertility and everytime I hear it - I cry and feel so overwhelmed with the presence of the Lord. I know for sure that He is speaking to me through this song everytime it plays. I'm sure I looked crazy - dripping with sweat and teary as I ran through the neighborhood!

"I will move ahead
bold and confident.
Taking every step
in obedience."

No comments:

Post a Comment