Monday, June 28, 2010

Pray Without Ceasing!

IUI #1 Update

We went this morning for another ultrasound to measure everything and see how my body has reacted to the medicine. I had one follicle that was "really ready" and measured at 18! They said that they want the follicle to be "mature" at 18-22 ... so it looks like we're in good shape. I had some blood work done and they are going to call this afternoon to let me know if we need to do the trigger shot tonight or wait until tomorrow night. I am really hoping that we trigger tonight ... that way our procedure will be Wednesday morning. I am trying my best to stay positive and keep my eyes focused only on the Lord. I know how easy it is to listen to that little voice inside that tries to get you to doubt things - that this is a waste of time, getting my hopes up for nothing, and that I'm jumping the gun on God's plan. There are times that I feel like I am going with what I want - instead of what God has planned. My pastor reminded me that we can't take anything "out of God's hands" or "get ahead of God". He is ALWAYS in control - and whatever happens can only happen because He has allowed it to happen!

Please pray that we will stay positive and that we will continue to seek the Lord throughout the whole process. I am really hoping that we will have our miracle at the end of all of this - but praying that the Lord gives me peace and comfort in whatever outcome! I have found so much peace in reading blogs of other couples that have faced the same things that we are facing now. It is so encouraging to read the stories that end with little miracles ... and my heart is so burdened with those couples that are still waiting on their answer to their prayers.

Along with our IUI this week, and the dreaded 2ww we have ahead of us, Daniel is having back surgery on the 7th. His back has still not healed from the accident in March. His back is starting to slightly collapse and he is still in TERRIBLE pain - so they are going to put in rods and screws into his spine to support his back.

Please pray that the surgeons will have steady hands and clear minds as they operate - as well as a quick and easy recovery. I pray that the Lord uses our time in the hospital for us to witness to others and share His love.

We have a lot going on right now but we are confident that the Lord is going to be faithful and answer our prayers ... even if it's not exactly the way we want them answered.


Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment